Today we are going to look at something that's been missing from PHP for far too long - the ... token, a.k.a. splat operator. The splat operator helps us to convert an array of values to function's arguments.
When I started this blog a few months ago, I've hinted at one topic that I haven't touched yet - the importance of User Experience for Enterprise Resource Planning, Intranet and other intra-organizational systems.
Hello and welcome back to Drupal Tips and Tricks. Today we will be looking at the Title module in combination with Entity Translation and we will be trying to change the value of the title field programmatically.
Drupal has always been known for its immense flexibility and exceptional adaptability. The CCK module's field system was a large step in the flexibility direction, but it had its limits. The fields were only really usable on content types (read: nodes), leading to additional modules which extended profiles, provided forms, a shopping cart, forums and more. But in Drupal 7, a new unified API, the entity system, was introduced that aimed to unify the various elements of the site - and it changed everything.
A few days ago, my colleague was building a custom form in Drupal 7. Everything was going great until he added a file field, at which point all hell broke loose. The data didn't submit and he received these notices:
Notice: Undefined index: field in field_widget_field() (Row 578 of ...)
Notice: Undefined index: instance in field_widget_instance() (Row 603 of ....)
Since the field was using a custom widget, we were first debugging there, until we finally found the real culprit somewhere completely else: passing by reference.